Flexor Tendons: Get A Grip on Rehab (E-Book)
|CONTACT HOURS:||10 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL OT 20-258968 10hrs
FL OT 20-258968 10hrs
CA advanced hand 40-H4 10hrs
This interactive online E-Book or digital text course with FLASH movie demonstrations is for every therapist who has searched for a more thorough understanding of flexor tendon injury, surgery, and rehab. Flexor tendon rehab is one of the most complicated and demanding conditions to treat in the upper extremity and it can quickly test the skills of any therapist.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
* 12.5 NBCOT® PDUs
*Excellent for all therapists wanting to solidify their understanding of flexor tendon rehabilitation.
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive online digital text course with FLASH movie demonstrations is for every therapist who has searched for a more thorough understanding of flexor tendon injury, surgery, and rehab. Flexor tendon rehab is one of the most complicated and demanding conditions to treat in the upper extremity and it can quickly test the skills of any therapist. It has been said that knowledge is power and in the treatment of flexor tendons this is definitely true.
This course will cover topics from anatomy to surgical technique to rehab protocols and will equip therapists with the tools necessary for success in flexor tendon rehab. Instructional method: Video clips, powerpoint, text format, test your knowledge course labs, discussion forum, and online exam. This is a large course and may take 5 seconds to 120 seconds to load. We recommend high speed internet access to open and navigate this course at its max. benefits/speed.
Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods is a digital online book. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email. NOTE you can view the course text portion and illustration, and power-point via your IPAD. You can also take the exam via your IPAD. You cannot view the FLASH unless you download FLASH.
- Identify anatomical structures involved in the flexor mechanism
- Identify the biomechanical aspects of the flexor tendon pulley system
- Determine the primary aspects of evaluation following injury
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of surgical handling technique
- Recognize the importance of suture technique, placement, and strength
- Identify the phases of healing following tendon repair
- Differentiate the different protocols used in flexor tendon rehab
- Determine a plan for success in flexor tendon rehab
George LaCour, OTR, CHT graduated with a B.S. degree in Occupational Therapy from Louisiana State University Medical Center in 1997. In 2003, he received his Certification in Hand Therapy. George worked for 9 years at a state-funded charity hospital where he developed a love for hand therapy and trauma rehabilitation. During this time he also served as Director of Rehabilitation. Currently, George works in a busy orthopaedic and sports medicine clinic where his focus is on treatment of upper extremity orthopaedic injuries with emphasis on work-related injury and sports medicine. Aside from his busy schedule, George still finds time to teach continuing education as well as serve as guest lecturer for LSUHSC School of Occupational Therapy. His career will always be dedicated to patient care, education,
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.