Basics and Beyond ® Fractures of the UE
|CONTACT HOURS:||5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 506948 5hrs
FL CE Broker 506948 5hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H55 5hrs
For Bundle discounts Click Here! BB Fractures focuses an in-depth understanding of fractures of the UE for an optimal treatment planning. 66 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes & 88 photos to enhance your learning.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series consisting of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
BB Fractures focus is an in-depth understanding of fractures of the UE for an optimal treatment planning . This course will provide a fantastic overview and in-depth knowledge on the subject matter. BB Fractures is great to gain your foundation.
Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, 88 photos and 66 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board available. 80% required to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 66 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content and 88 photos to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” with an EHT moderator during the course and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Understanding basic fracture treatment principals
- Differentiate different fracture treatment techniques
- Recognize fracture complications per UE area of injury
- Understand treatment based on the specific site of injury
- Understanding basic fracture treatment principles to include anatomic reduction, stability, avoiding soft tissue trauma, adequate pain control and early functional rehabilitation.
- Fracture treatment techniques
- Humeral fracture
- Elbow dislocation and fractures
- Radial head fractures
- Forearm (both bone) fractures
- Wrist fractures
- Carpal fractures (specific bones discussed)
- Hand fractures; metacarpals and phalanges
- Angulation and rotation
- VISI and DISI
- Thumb fractures
- 66 Brain Game “pop” quizzes throughout the course.
- Live Chat during course hours plus an participant discussion board
- References and online examination
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This online course is offered at 5 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.