Basics and Beyond ® Neuroanatomy and Sensory Re-education of the UE
|CONTACT HOURS:||4 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 506956 4hrs
FL CE Broker 506956 4hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H56 4hrs
For Bundle discounts Click Here! BB Neuroanatomy and Sensory Re-education focuses on understanding the topic to enhance your clinical skills. 38 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes & numerous photos to enhance your learning.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series consisting of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
BB Neuroanatomy and Sensory Re-education focuses on understanding the topic to improve your clinical skills. This course will provide a fantastic overview and in-depth knowledge on the subject matter. BB Neuroanatomy and Sensory Re-education is great to build upon your foundation.
Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, 29 photos and 38 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board available. 80% required to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 38 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content and 29 photos to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” with an EHT moderator during the course and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Identify “neuro anatomy” structures such as the CNS/PNS/nerve anatomy
- Understand how a nerve works and the nerve
- Identify axons, fascicles, perineurium, endoneurium, epineurium
- Recognize nerve injury classification system
- Understand how a nerve response to injury
- Differentiate specific nerve injuries of the upper extremity
- Recognize sensory re-education techniques and principles
- Nerve anatomy
- Nerve injury classification
- Nerve response to injury and mechanisms of injury
- Specific nerve injuries of the UE
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Radial tunnel
- Cubital tunnel
- Ulnar tunnel
- Tendon transfers
- Compressive brachial plexus neuropathies (CBPN)
- Sensory re-education
- Brain game quizzes throughout the course to enhance your understanding.
- References and Examination
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.4 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.