Basics and Beyond ® Physical Agent Modalities
|CONTACT HOURS:||3 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 20-489275 3hrs
FL CE Broker 20-489275 3hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H64 3hrs
For Bundle discounts Click Here! BB PAMs focuses on key areas to improve your clinical knowledge and skills pertaining to physical agent modalities.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series consisting of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles. Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
BB Physical Agent Modalities focuses on key areas to improve your clinical knowledge and skills pertaining to the use of physical agents. It provides you methods on how to use and apply thermal and electrical agents. This course is great to gain your foundation.
Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, with 2 video clips, 51 photos, 19 Brain Game quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board. 80% to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 15 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content and numerous photos to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” feature with an EHT moderator during the course hours and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Distinguish superficial heating considerations
- Recognize the various modes of transfer of heat to tissue
- Recognize specific modalities for specific pathologies and goals
- Determine Ultrasound application and energy transfer
- Identify primary indications for electrotherapy
- Differentiate between phonophoresis and Iontophoresis indications, benefits, and precautions
- Superficial heating considerations
- Modes of heat transfer
- Tissue heating
- Hot packs
- Cold effects
- Vapocoolant sprays
- Contrast baths
- Electrical therapy
- Light therapy
- Examination; 80% to pass and redeem your certificate
After 27 years of clinical practice, Paul has completed his MHS from the University of Florida in 2007. Paul now resides in Manchester, N.H. and is the clinical lead in hand therapy at Concord Hospital in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.