Basics and Beyond ® Shoulder
|CONTACT HOURS:||3 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 20-489293 3hrs
FL CE Broker 20-489293 3hrs
CA 40-H72 3hrs
For Bundle discounts Click Here! BB Shoulder focuses on understanding the practical aspects of the body and how it functions.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series consisting of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
BB shoulder focuses on understanding the practical aspects of the body and how it functions in relation to the hand and upper extremity. A complex therapeutic matter in the orthopedic realm starts with an anatomical foundation and travels through shoulder pathologies. This course is great to gain your foundation.
Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, with 4 video clips, 60 photos, 34 Brain Game quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board. 80% to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 34 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content, 60 photos, and 4 video segments to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” feature with an EHT moderator during the course hours and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Identify important anatomical landmarks of the shoulder
- Recognize specific pathologies and examination per pathology
- Distinguish between the various procedures and intervention for rotator cuff pathologies
- Determine appropriate stretches and therapy intervention for the stiff shoulder
- Identify how the complex shoulder integrates functional with the hand and entire upper extremity.
- Anatomical consideration
- GH joint
- AC joint
- ST joint
- Muscles and actions
- Impingement syndromes
- Adhesive capsulitis
- The stiff shoulder
- Rotator cuff
- Anterior shoulder dislocation
- Posterior shoulder
- Labral tears
- Thoracic outlet
- Shoulder replacement
- Examination; 80% to pass to redeem your certificate
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.