Bike Riding Assessment Program: Building a Creative Marketing Opportunity
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP, Professional Issues,
AL 20-684328 3hrs
FL 20-684328 3hrs
GA 20-684328 3hrs
This course not only teaches you how to assess and teach bike riding skills but how to market and prospect clients
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*3.75 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
This course not only teaches you how to assess and teach bike riding skills but how to market and prospect clients. This course offer you a unique opportunity to learn new skills coupled with teaching you a unique way to market your therapy business. After taking this course you will know how to perform a task analysis of bike riding skills as well as teach participants to ride a bicycle!
On a more global scale you will be able to identify potential clients via this program and will also understand the mechanics of having government agencies and large businesses to market through your program.
- Identify appropriate helmet fitting and safety awareness goals: sizing, positioning, fitting, size adjustment dial, safety education/demonstration strap adjustment.
- Identify when the client is able to progress or regress through bicycle riding skills.
- Determine the most appropriate bicycle based on clients’ size and abilities.
- Recognize the developmental deficits as they pertain to bicycle riding.
- Differentiate between balance, motor planning and visual motor integration when performing bicycle training.
- Review sensory systems (vestibular, tactile, proprioceptive), bilateral integration, visual tracking and reflex integration as to how they will used in to identify clients who are appropriate for Occupational Therapy services.
- Recognize the unique marketing opportunity with the creation of a Bike Riding Assessment program
- BENEFITS OF BIKE RIDING
- Physical development
- Emotional development
- QUICK SCREENING
- Following directions
- Motor planning
- DETAILED ASSESSMENT
- Body Awareness
- Reflex Integration
- CASE STUDIES
- HELMETS and SAFETY
- BIKE SELECTION
- BIKE SETUP
- STEPS in TEACHING
- MARKETING and PROSPECTING NEW CLIENTS
My career has spanned between Psychology (with a Masters degree in Cognitive and Clinical Psychology) and a degree from the Faculty of Medicine in Occupational Therapy from the University of Toronto. I have worked or consulted with numerous organizations such as Broward County School Board FL, Cobb County Ga School Board, University of Toronto Adaptive Technology Resource Centre. I have held volunteer positions such as the President of the Florida Occupational Therapy Association (Broward County Chapter), Coral Springs Business Development Committee and Broward County Advisory Board for Individuals with Disabilities. I have published and presented at conferences on areas such as, computer supported learning, speed reading, sensory integration, and EEG/neurofeedback. I am the director of AskLearnGo, a company that helps sell products and services using the expertise of therapists.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.