Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Traditional and Pilates Approach
|CONTACT HOURS:||7 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-199246 7hrs
FL 20-199246 7hrs
This is an interactive movie course to help you understand breast cancer, surgery, and rehabilitation. Breast cancer survivor patients can benefit from a traditional as well as a mat Pilates based approach.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*8.75 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
This is an interactive movie course to help you understand breast cancer, surgery, and rehabilitation. Breast cancer survivor patients can benefit from a traditional as well as a mat Pilates based approach. There are over 2 million breast cancer survivors in the United States who are looking for a structured plan that encourages and facilitates wellness. After undergoing breast cancer surgery and treatment, women can face fatigue, loss of range of motion, weight gain, lymphedema and psychosocial issues. Pilates can be a gentle introduction or re-introduction to exercise while improving daily function.
This course will take your from surgery to rehabilitation in a up close and personal approach. A must have for any clinician treating cancer survivor patients. This course includes a written manual of 104 pages. Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and videos to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email. Mixed level course.
- Identify breast cancer treatment and the rehabilitation issues.
- Identify the physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges posed by breast cancer
- Identify rehabilitation using traditional and Pilates approach
- Identify stages of breast cancer and surgical options
- Become familiar with community resources to help with common issues breast cancer survivors may deal with
- Introduce Pilates to begin using a mind/body approach
- Understand the role of exercise and weight training
Naomi Aaronson MA, OTR/L, CHT has been an OT for 27 years specializing in hand therapy and breast cancer rehabilitation. Presently, she is an instructor and fieldwork site supervisor for the OTA Department at Suffolk Community College. Naomi is the co-author of the book Pilates for Breast Cancer Survivors: A Guide to Recovery, Healing and Wellness as well as being a webinar presenter. Pilates is a part of her rehabilitation bag of tricks, as it is a exercise modality that integrates mind, body and spirit in a functional manner. In her spare time, Naomi loves to travel , read, and learn from others.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.7 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.