CADAVER Anatomy Hand Dissection: Making The Complex Simple
|CONTACT HOURS:||2 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-523154 2hrs
FL 20-523154 2hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H67 2hrs
This is an awesome cadaver dissection of the hand and wrist instructed by Dale Bramlet, MD,orthopedic hand surgeon. Dr.Bramlet discusses vital hand and wrist anatomical structures, surgical approaches, and certain pathologies that are clinically relevant for OTs and PTs.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
NBCOT® PDU 2.50
Great anatomy review presented by Dale Bramlet MD
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
This is an awesome cadaver dissection of the hand and wrist Instructed by Dale Bramlet, MD,orthopedic hand surgeon. Dr.Bramlet discusses vital hand and wrist anatomical structures, surgical approaches, and certain pathologies that are clinically relevant for OTs and PTs. 2.0 contact hours with an online exam.
This intermediate online movie course is excellent for therapists, medical doctors, interns and anyone wanting to explore the anatomical landmarks and more of the hand and wrist. Upon successful completion (80%) of an online exam you will immediately receive your certificate via email. AOTA APP course. Live Chat available.
- Recognize landmarks associated with common nerve, tendon, ligament pathologies, & surgical approaches of the hand/wrist
- Recognize the extensor tendon compartments
- Differentiate between pathologies associated with extensor compartments
- Recognize the association of hand kinesology and the anatomical landmarks
- Learn Pearls to assist in remembering anatomical landmarks
- Review common operative approaches to the wrist and hand
- Anatomical zones and creases relevant to the hand/wrist
- Extensor compartments and various associated pathologies
- Reviews extensor transfers for the thumb extension (EPL)
- Juncture Tendons
- Carpal bones and significant ligaments
- DISI VISI review
- PRC and 4 corner surgical approaches explained
- 4 stages of progressive arthritis (Watson stages) of the carpus
- Thumb anatomy and pathologies
- Review of vascular supply to tendons and carpus and associated with pathology (necrosis)
- CMC Boss
- 1st CMC arthritis and LRTI surgical approach
- Finger Pulley system
- Review surgical tendon repair
- Online examination
Dr. Bramlet holds specialty board certifications from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, ABOS – Hand Surgery qualification, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the Association of Clinical Research Professionals.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.