Cervical Spine Exam: The Physicians Approach To Differential Diagnosis
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.25 Hours|
AL 20-171181 2.25hrs
FL 20-171181 2.25hrs
This interactive course is in movie format. This is a basic level course which teaches the learner how to evaluate the cervical spine and to differentiate spinal dysfunction from hand disorders from an M.D. This course is also available in a package promotion.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
This interactive course is in movie format. This is a basic level course which teaches the learner how to evaluate the cervical spine and to differentiate spinal dysfunction from hand disorders. The student will learn how to evaluate the cervical spine in video format on a patient.
Instructional methods include: physician lecture, hands on demonstration, and radiographic viewing. This course is also available in a package promotion. Upon Successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Student will review the value of taking a detailed history
- Student will be introduced to the mechanics of the cervical spine evaluation
- Student will become familiar with the importance of the postural portion of the examination
- Student will describe the cervical spine anatomy and how the cervical spine moves
- Student will become familiar with the nervous system of the cervical spine and how it contributes to hand numbness and or tingling
- Student will understand muscle testing techniques
- Student will understand how to check reflexes and how they relate to pathology
- Student will understand testing techniques for thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Student will view radiographs and see how they correlate with degenerative joint disease
- History and Physical of patient
- Physical Exam of patient
- Cervical spine anatomy review
- Neurological exam
- Muscle testing techniques
- Reflex testing
- TOS testing procedures
Dr. David Baras is a Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist – otherwise know as a Physiatrist. He has practiced in Pinellas County for the past 21 years. He has a private practice and is also the clinical Preceptor for the University of S. FL. school of Medicine. He trains first and second year medical students the art of physical diagnosis.
7 reviews for Cervical Spine Exam: The Physicians Approach To Differential Diagnosis
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.225 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.
Leslye Leslie –
I am very pleased with all of the information presented in the course. I have purchased many titles from EHT, and I have never been disappointed.
a manual would have been nice to go along with this
Shirley Drier –
This was a good, basic look at cervical anatomy and evaluation. I have already used several aspects learned in the course in my daily practice. I would recommend it to either beginners as a learning tool or experienced therapists as a review.
The course was very informative and easy to follow.
Amber Howell –
I really enjoyed this course. I like the movie format because it is close to actually being at a course, but you can pause and rewind if you would like to hear/see something again.