Cumulative Trauma Disorders: An Evidenced-Based Approach
|CONTACT HOURS:||12 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 326575 12hrs
FL CE Broker 326575 12hrs
CA 40-H48 12hrs
This fantastic 1.2 AOTA CEU (12 Contact Hour) approved provider (NBCOT® 15 contact hours) movie course will challenge your clinical skills. Paul Bonzani MOTR, CHT is an extraordinary instructor taking you from occupation functional concepts/approches to anatomical considerations, to soft tissue pathology to neuroanotomy and biomechanics.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
Alabama and Florida CE Broker OT Live #20-326575 for 12 contact hours
15 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
This fantastic 1.2 AOTA CEU (12 Contact Hour) AOTA approved provider (NBCOT® 15 contact hour) movie course will challenge your clinical skills. Paul Bonzani MOTR, CHT is an extraordinary instructor taking you from occupation functional concepts/approaches, to anatomical considerations, to soft tissue pathology to neuroanotomy and biomechanics.
The instructor discusses common and not so common cumulative trauma disorders or repetitive strain disorders from the shoulder to the finger. Evidenced and occupation based approach to quantify implementation for CTDs. 117 page full color manual included with FAQ, photos, PP, and references.Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, videos to enhance understanding . Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email. Mixed level course.
- Identify pertinent anatomic structures relating to a variety of pathologies
- Recognize the clinical symptoms and signs of common and not so common CTDs
- Determine occupation based rationale for therapy intervention for CTD
- Differentiate between tendonopathies and nerve pathologies
- Identify Neuroanatomy and biomechanics involvement relating to CTD
- Determine appropriate therapy intervention for specific CTDs
- Recognize subtle differences in pathologies and treatment techniques
- Biophysocial Approach to Management
- Introduction and effect of behavioral issues and strategies for management to include occupation functional concepts/approaches
- Biology of Soft Tissue Pain
- Tendonitis & Tendonopathies
- Tendon anatomy and biomechanics
- Development of tendonitis and tendonopathies
- Tendon issues of the shoulder (Impingement syndrome, Rotator Cuff tears, Biceps tendonitis)
- Shoulder assessment and treatment lab (will benefit if you have a model)
- Sports Elbow
- Medial and lateral epicondylitis
- Tendon and ligament issues of the elbow (medial, lateral epicondylitis, Medial collateral ligament injuries)
- Elbow assessment and treatment lab (would be good if you have a model)
- Hand and Wrist
- Treatment of the Hand and Wrist
- Wrist and hand tendon issues (DeQuervain’s, ECU tendonitis, Intersection syndrome, Trigger Finger)
- Wrist and hand assessment and treatment lab
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Anatomy and Neurophysiology of the Peripheral Nerve
- Neuroanatomy and Biomechanics
- Proximal Nerve Compressions
- Proximal Nerve Compressions (Suprascapular Nerve compression, Quadrilateral space syndrome)
- Lecture/assessment / treatment techniques
- Median Nerve
- Median Nerve Compressions (Pronator syndrome, AIN syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) Lecture / assessment and Treatment
- Ulnar Nerve
- Ulnar Nerve Compressions (Cubital tunnel Syndrome, Guyon’s canal compression)
- Radial Nerve
- Radial Nerve Compressions (Radial Tunnel and RSN compression (Wartenberg’s)
- Thoracic Outlet
- TOS Assessment and treatment (lecture and lab)
After 27 years of clinical practice, Paul has completed his MHS from the University of Florida in 2007. Paul now resides in Manchester, N.H. and is the clinical lead in hand therapy at Concord Hospital in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 1.2 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.