Exercise: Get Digital: Creative Cost Effective, Easy Exercises for Patients – CE Course
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 20-568220 3.5hrs
FL CE Broker 20-568220 3.5hrs
The use of purposeful activity can improve a patient’s performance. This introductory level course provides novel, purposeful therapy ideas that can aide in encouraging the patient to participate in therapy and home programs. Through the use of the suggested activities using everyday items, inexpensive toys, and homemade products, the therapist can supplement their current practice.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
The use of purposeful activity can improve a patient’s performance. This introductory level course provides novel, purposeful therapy ideas that can aide in encouraging the patient to participate in therapy and home programs. Through the use of the suggested activities using everyday items, inexpensive toys, and homemade products, the therapist can supplement their current practice. Each suggested activity or exercise device has a separate page. This allows for individual fabrication, application, and home program instruction. You are welcome to print the pages to share with your patients. The suggestions are listed from least resistive to most resistive within each section that allows the therapist to grade the activity for the individual patient.
The course is organized into two distinct chapters (body part and function) and they are further divided into corresponding subsections. This organization allows the therapist to select the appropriate activity or exercise device for the intended therapeutic purpose. EARN CE and have an AWESOME clinic tool! Must pass (80%) online exam to redeem your AOTA APP certificate.
This is at an introductory learner level. Instructional Method: Online Digital book. Online digital format is good for 365 days from date of purchase.
- Identify 3 activities or exercise devices that are appropriate to improve ROM for the shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers, or thumb.
- Identify 3 activities or exercise devices that are appropriate to improve strength for grip or pinch strength
- Identify 3 common everyday items that can be adapted to use in a therapeutic manner to improve ROM or strength for a patient
- Determine 3 home program activities or exercise devices that are appropriate to help a patient gain forearm rotation
- Recognize 3 activities or devices that could be used for a patient with intrinsic weakness
- Review 3 activities or devices that could be used for a patient who needs to work on bilateral skills
- Recognize 3 activities or devices that will help a patient return to work.
- Identify 3 activities or devices that will help a patient gain motion when there are wrist motion or strength issues.
- You can add a hard copy of this book for a 25% discount
- Earn CE and have an AWESOME clinic tool
- Print pages for patient use
- After successful completion of the online exam earn 3.5 CE hours
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
J & C Consultants provides creative ideas for therapists through mediums of printed books, DVD’s, e-books, classes and personal consultations. Jill Peck -Murray, MOT, OTR/L,CHT and Carolyn Phelan OTR/L,CHT have been Certified Hand Therapists since 1995. Jill specializes in Pediatric Hand Therapy at Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, CA. Carolyn specializes in Adult Hand Therapy in San Diego, CA.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.35 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.