Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation, 4th Ed Book – A Quick Reference Guide and Review
Number one study guide for the CHT® test. This one-of-a-kind paperback book reference provides a comprehensive overview of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. Rated as a top book to have when preparing for the CHT exam by the HTCC exam prep survey.
Over 750 illustrations with over 200 new for the 4th edition and 5 new appendices. Each chapter is updated with a series of multiple-choice questions, complete with detailed answers and references to other hand therapy resources.
This one-of-a-kind paperback book reference provides a comprehensive overview of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. Featuring a unique quest on and detailed-answer format, Hand & Upper Extremity Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide (4th ed) guides the reader from basic information about hand & upper extremity anatomy through complex topics including the most advanced treatment techniques. Over 750 illustrations with over 200 new for the 4th edition and 5 new appendices.
Each chapter is updated with a series of multiple-choice questions, complete with detailed answers and references to other hand therapy resources. Appendixes include a FREE online practice exam, updated and detailed anatomy labeling, tendon transfers, orthotics, critical concepts, holistic care, lymphatic care, and wonderful vendor resource. Clinical gems are throughout the book providing the reader with helpful hints and important facts to remember related to certain subjects or questions.
New to this Edition
- Over 750 photos- 200 new to this edition!
- Each chapter has been updated, refreshed and has additional questions!
- This book boasts new appendices like you have never seen in any other reference!
- Tendon Transfers
- Complementary Medicine
- Common Orthosis tips for fabrication, patterns, with photos
- Critical Concepts
- Lymphatic Labeling
- Free online practice exam ($129 dollar value) will be able to access when you receive your book
- Every chapter has new questions and has been updated and enhanced
- Packed with NEW clinical gems to enhance your understanding of difficult topics
- Almost 100 new fabulous pages!
- A convenient Quick Reference Guide (index) is located at the beginning of the book.and has doubled in size
- Vendor list in print and available in digital format so you have quick access to your favorite vendors
- This is a product you don’t want to miss and you will feel confident in your knowledge after reviewing this material
- Clinical Anatomy
- Neuroanatomy/Nerve Injury/Sensory Reeducation
- Physical Agent Modalities
- Assorted Treatment Techniques
- Orthotics: Design/Fabrication/Training
- Edema/Lymphedema/Vascular Disorders
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Arthritis and Related Disorders
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Tendon Injuries and Conditions
- Complex Traumatic Hand/Tendon Transfers
- Cumulative Trauma
- Congenital Anomalies/Amputations/Prosthetics
- Sports Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury/Central Nervous System/Brachial Plexus
- Ergonomics and Work Programs
- Psychosocial Aspects of Impairment
- Professional Practice Management
- 8 Fabulous Appendices
Hand Enthusiasts Vendor and Website List
Complementary Health Approaches
Anatomy Labeling Worksheets – LOTS of NEW ONES!
Common Orthosis, Tips, Patterns with Photos
Tendon Transfers – With Drawings
Critical Concepts to Remember
FREE 200 question online practice exam ($129 dollar value)
Diana Guest –
Purchase of the Purple Book is a MUST! So many people question how to organize their study habits, and this is the way to do it! Take one chapter at a time, and one question at a time. It isn’t about just knowing the answer either. If you don’t recognize why the other answers AREN’T correct, there’s your chance to dig deeper into those topics too. In essence the Purple Book serves as a launching pad in exploring every facet of CHT-world. Additionally, the 4th ed. of Purple Book is the best yet…bigger, better, more study guide material at the back of the book AND an online version of a practice test. So take the plunge to really study in an organized manner. As a multiple test-taker, I know first-hand that “older” resources may be cheaper, but they don’t make the cut to keep up with the CHT exam. There’s no time like the present to hug this book and the lifeline of supporters who made this book literally a global necessity to pass the CHT exam. Proud to be a staunch supporter, Diana Guest, Dr OT, MSc OT, BSc OT, OTR/L, CHT (yahoo!).
For anyone out there feeling overwhelmed yet encouraged to go for the CHT, the Purple Book 3rd ed. is The Gateway to that future. I spear-headed an online study group which systematically reviewed each and every question of the entire book. Each chapter offers the opportunity to address anatomical and pathological concerns and sets the framework upon which to organize grouped discussion. Susan was instrumental in clarifying any harder topics and together, through this journey, several therapists did indeed become CHT’s. The six practice tests were also a huge asset in reinforcing core concepts. As a new CHT I am so grateful for Susan’s support and the products available within this website.
The “purple book” and the online practice test really prepared me to feel confident and pass the CHT exam. I felt some of the practice tests were harder then the actual test. The test and book was well worth it!!!
First I would like to take the time to thank you for not only giving us the the purple book, but also the free online content. This book is a must have if you plan to pass the certification exam. Second the online content is phenomenal. The free quizzes helped me tremendously on my path to become a certified hand therapist. Susan you are truly a Shining Light in the hand therapy community and without you and your resources this would not have been possible. Thank you again.
Chris Williams CHT