MCP Arthroplasty: New Knuckles? Or an Expensive Flyswatter!
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.75 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
FL 20-171357 2.75hrs
CA 40-H15 2.75hrs
This interactive course is in movie format. This is a great intermediate learning level course for therapists that will be treating patients that have had MCP arthroplasties. In this video you will learn splinting tips, product gems and treatment pearls.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive course is in movie format. This is a great intermediate learning level course for therapists that will be treating patients that have had MCP arthroplasties. View splint fabrication and learn details about how to treat this challenging diagnosis. In this video you will learn splinting tips, product gems and treatment pearls. Upon Successful completion of the examination (75%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- The student will be introduced epidemiology and basic biochemistry of R.A.
- The student will review the stages of R.A.
- The student will review the wrist classification system
- The student will review the zig-zag deformity and contribution to R.A. deformities
- The student will review post operative treatment goals
The student will view a detailed video that reviews patients cases, anatomy, surgical intervention and therapy
- The student will be introduced to commercial post-operative splints
- The student will review exercise and treatment programs utilized post-operatively
- The student will view fabrication of a post-operative splint
- Overall satisfaction of arthroplasty patients
- R.A. Stages
- Zig Zag deformity
- Various implant utilized
- Acension arthroplasty video
- Surgical procedure review
- Post op therapy goals
- Splint discussion
- Exercise and post-op treatment programs
- Splint fabrications
- Outcomes of MCP arthroplasty
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.