Physical Agents: A Thermal Modalities Certification Program: Occupation-Based Implementation of Thermal Agent updated
|CONTACT HOURS:||20 Hours|
AL OT 20-232590 20hrs
FL OT 20-232590 20hrs
KY 2017-01 20hrs
CA 40-P3 20hrs
ID 4489 20hrs
This comprehensive NBCOT® 25 PDU (2.0 AOTA CEU approved provider) course provides you with the clinical knowledge to safely administer thermal modalities in a functional occupationally based approach. Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
AOTA approved 20 PDUs * 25 NBCOT® PDUs; GA-up to 36 hours M
20 hrs sound/superficial – 20 hrs Electrical/Deep. Ionto 5 hrs; ID approval #4489; NOTE: KY, MT & ID requires thermal/electrical;; TN 45 hours; NE, CA 40-P3, MD, FL MT: IDAHO approved #4489, KY approved for didactic work 36 hours 2018-02 (lab – not included). Course accepted in most states accepting AOTA. Always check with your state Board
Course carried by the AOTA – it is occupation based and meets AOTA requirements. Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider. This comprehensive excellent 20 contact (25 NBCOT® PDUs; 2.0 AOTA APP CEU) approved course provides you with the clinical knowledge to safely administer thermal modalities in a functional occupationally based approach. We will review current occupational therapy terminology and philosophy to establish the theoretical basis for the use of thermal agent modalities into occupational therapy practice. Evidence identifying effectiveness of each thermal modality intervention is presented as well as the step by step practical application of each device.
We assist you in obtaining the training and continuing education you may need to comply with state requirements. Please check with your state licensing and regulatory board to determine what your specific state requirements may be. This course was developed to educate practitioners in the proper, safe and judicious use of physical agent modalities while treating their clients. The format includes lecture, demonstration and practicum, case study presentation with emphasis on treatment planning and assessing effectiveness. A post test format is employed to demonstrate mastery of the material presented and a certificate will be emailed immediately upon (80%) successful completion. Mandatory reading in the 140 page manual and includes required reading to enhance your learning experience.
This course can be purchased independently (20 contact hours) or as part of our comprehensive 45 Occupation Based PAMS series consisting of Thermal and Electrical modalities. Many states have clinical requirements which can be found in the manual and completed independently. A MUST HAVE COURSE to provide the education and skills needed to perform modalities safely.
- Differentiate physical impairments from deficits in occupational performance
- Delineate the biological, psychosocial, and contextual issues resulting in impairment of occupation engagement
- Identify the biological, psychosocial and contextual problems that could be enhanced through the use of physical agent modalities
- Determine the appropriate intervention following careful assessment of the underlying biological, psychosocial and contextual pathology
- Distinguish which underlying biological process is enhanced through the use of an appropriate physical agent modality
- Recognize effective responses from ineffective ones and adjust interventions accordingly
- Recognize transdermal drug delivery adverse reactions
- Review the application and storage of specific pharmacological agents
- Identify precautions relating to transdermal drug delivery
- Recognize the indications and contraindication of Diathermy shortwave or microwave modality
- Online exam – certificate will be immediately emailed to you. 80% to pass
- Extensive exam to help solidify your understanding of electrical agents
- The relevance of physical agent modality intervention to occupational therapy practice.
- Evidence Based: The Biological Basis of tendonitis/tendonopathy
- Principles of hydrotherapy
- Thermodynamics: The Physics of Heat Transference: Deep and superficial
- Clinical Decision Making and Application of Thermal Agents -Deep and superficial
- Biophysical Principles and evidence based principles of Sound
- Clinical Application and evidence based use of Ultrasound to include equipment safety, demonstrations, case studies, precautions and indications
- Application to Practice: Case Studies discussion
- Clinical and biophysical discussion and evidence based principles about transdermal drug delivery class, contraindication, precautions, side effects & dosage
- Deep and Superficial exam consisting of a total of 141 questions to help solidify your understanding – 80% required to pass an receive certificate
- Phonophoresis principles and evidence based principles, applications, and pharmacological side effects, precautions and indications
- Demonstrations of modality application to include discussion on equipment safety
- Biophysical response to wounding and evidence based principles and how deep and superficial agents apply
- Extensive indications, precautions, contraindications and patient safety for all deep and superficial agents discussed
- Documentation examples and considerations
- Extensive manual consisting of 200 pages to include power point presentation, Chapter into “talking points”, and FAQ
- Interactive discussion forum with access to instructors 24/7
- Delineate current concepts of pain propagation and potential for alteration of pain perception using Deep and Superficial Agents
- Approved in: FL, GA, KY, MT, AL, TX, NE, TN, MD, KY, CA, ID, IL
- KY approval # 2019-03 36 hours (KY labs and proctored sessions not included)
- IL Lic# 224000176 approved for didactic work 20 hours (labs and proctored sessions not included)
- 45 Hours included online Movies and Manuals – Lab sessions constitute additional time
- Certificate of completion provided after examination is successfully finished
- Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider.
- Note: Liveconferences.com is your video provider not the CE provider
After 27 years of clinical practice, Paul has completed his MHS from the University of Florida in 2007. Paul now resides in Manchester, N.H. and is the clinical lead in hand therapy at Concord Hospital in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.