Physical Agents: Electrical Modalities Certification Program: Occupation – Based Implementation of Electrical Agents updated
|CONTACT HOURS:||25 Hours|
AL OT 20-232592 25hrs
FL OT 20-232592 25hrs
KY 2017-01 25hrs
CA 40-P3 25hrs
ID 4489 25hrs
This excellent 31 NBCOT® PDU contact hours (2.5 AOTA Approved Provider . Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider. :PAMs: Electrical Certificate Course is comprehensive, interactive, informative, and fun. This instructional course is designed to assist occupational therapists in integrating physical agent modalities into practice.
AOTA approved: 25 hours *31 NBCOT® PDUs; GA-up to 36 hours : MT 20 hrs sound/superficial p, 20 hrs Electrical/Deep Ionto 5 hrs; ID approval #4489; NOTE: KY, MT & ID requires thermal/electrical meet required hours; TN.25 hours, NE, CA, 40-P3, MD, FL MT: IDAHO approved #4489, KY approved for didactic work 36 hours 2018-02 (lab – not included) Course accepted in most states accepting AOTA. Always check with your state Board
This comprehensive course is carried by the AOTA – it is occupation based and meets AOTA requirements. Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider.This 25 contact hour (NBCOT® 31 PDUs; 2.5 AOTA APP CEUs) approved course focuses on the implementation of electrical current through an occupation-based approach.
Comprehensive, interactive informative and fun course designed to assist OTs & OTAs in integrating electrical currents into clinical practice to improve human occupation performance. This electrical Agent course will discuss theoretical and biological concepts of each modality presented incorporating into occupation based practice. The format includes lecture, demonstration, PowerPoint, practicum discussion, case studies with emphasis on treatment planning and assessing effectiveness. This course will assist you in obtaining the training and continuing education you may need to comply with state requirements.
Please verify with your state licensing and regulatory board to determine what specific requirements may be required. A post-test is employed to demonstrate mastery of the material presented & your certificate will be emailed immediately upon successful (80%) completion of the exam. A detailed 200 page mandatory reading manual helps you solidify your understanding of the material presented.
This course can be purchased independently (25 contact hours)or as part of our comprehensive 45 Occupation Based PAMS series consisting of Thermal and Electrical modalities. This course provides conceptual preparation to seek additional training, and does not provide you a mentored hands-on skills session. Many states have clinical requirements which can be found in the manual and are completed independently. A MUST HAVE COURSE.to provide the education and skills needed to perform modalities safely.
- Recognize common electrical terms and their significance to human application
- Identify common therapeutic waveforms including ascribed effects and contraindications
- Delineate current concepts of pain propagation and evidence based and potential for alteration of pain perception using electrical modalities
- Recognize the physical principles of light and their potential for remediation of pain
- Determine appropriate interventions with physical agent modalities in a variety of practice settings
- Identify how physical agents can be employed in the context of the client’s own unique experience
- Differentiate environmental, temporal and cultural considerations for the use of physical agents
- The relevance of physical agent modality intervention to occupational therapy practice.
- The biological and physical principles underlying the use of thermodynamic physical agent modalities.
- Exam consisting of 127 questions to solidify your understanding – 80% required to pass and receive certificate
- Extensive manual consisting of 200 pages to include powerpoint presentation, Chapter into “talking points”, and FAQ
- Interactive discussion forum with access to instructors 24/7
- Case studies presented in discussion and written formats to bring it all together
- Recognize Phonophoresis and iontophoresis differences and evidence based principles
- Review the application and storage of specific pharmacological agents
- Extensive discussion of using electrical modalities to deliver medication (IONTOPHRESIS)
- Determine indications, precautions, contraindications, safety issues and all side effects relating to drug delivery via electrical agents
- Quiz round – NY Minute– fast paced game to assist with your understanding of occupation based PAMS
- Pain Propagation and Perception
- Principles of Electrical Current
- Foundations of Electrical Current
- Principles of Ion Transfer
- Introduction to Low Level Therapeutic Laser
- Iontophoresis and TENs Lab
- Electrical Current Lab
- Lightning Round (Quiz Time)
- Electrotherapy Case Studies
- Extensive exam to help solidify your understanding of electrical agents
- Approved in: FL, GA, MT, AL, TX, NE, TN, MD, KY, CA, ID, IL
- KY approval # 2019-03 36 hours (KY labs and proctored sessions not included)
- IL Lic# 224000176 approved for didactic work 25 hours (labs and proctored sessions not included)
- 45 Hours included online Movies and Manuals – Lab sessions constitute additional time
- Certificate of completion provided after examination is successfully finished
- Exploring Hand Therapy DBA Treatment2go is an Approved Provider.
- Note: Liveconferences.com is your video provider not the CE provider
After 27 years of clinical practice, Paul has completed his MHS from the University of Florida in 2007. Paul now resides in Manchester, N.H. and is the clinical lead in hand therapy at Concord Hospital in Concord, New Hampshire.
8 reviews for Physical Agents: Electrical Modalities Certification Program: Occupation – Based Implementation of Electrical Agents updated
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 2.5 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.
The course is ok but its content is very rich.
Alanuth Asan Mohd Shahul Hameed –
Teresa Lohr –
As I mentioned on my review for the Thermal Agents course, I appreciated that this course was available and so directly structured for Ots. The information was very good and I certainly learned a lot.
Sam Crosson OTR/L –
Thanks susan, I have taken both the thermal and eletrical modality courses and have found them to be very well delivered and comprehensive. I Really enjoyed the Lab demonstration. Great product. I have shown the course to friends that may take it as well