RSD/CRPS The Physicians and Therapists Approach to Comprehensive Evaluation and Management
|CONTACT HOURS:||6.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-168384 6.5hrs
FL 20-168384 6.5hrs
CA 40-H8 7.8hrs
This interactive course is in movie format. The Physicians and Therapists Approach to Comprehensive Evaluation and Management of CRPS/RSD awards 6.5 contact hours upon completion of course and exam.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*8.0 NBCOT® contat hours
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive course is in movie format. The Physicians and Therapists Approach to Comprehensive Evaluation and Management of CRPS/RSD awards 6.5 contact hours upon completion of course and exam. This course is excellent for occupational and physical therapists, therapy assistants and physicians and is at an intermediate learning level. The course instructors will present a comprehensive program for management of patients with RSD/CRPS. Learn about the medical and therapeutic modalities involved in evaluation and treatment of this condition. Learn tips, tricks and techniques you can use immediately in your clinical practice.
Visual media includes video and lecture. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Become familiar with historical and present perspectives
- Introduction to the physician’s approach to include
- View how to effectively evaluate the patient with RSD/CRPS
- Review how to develop a plan of care/medical workup
- Describe diagnostic criteria
- Become familiar with medication management
- View visual media to help therapists recognize the phases of RSD/CRPS and to help determine a realistic plan of care
- Introduction to a variety of therapy concerns and therapy techniques
- Be introduced to splinting the RSD/CRPS hand/wrist
- Be introduced to a variety of products to assist with treatment of RSD/CRPS
- View Case Studies with the therapist and physician
- Evaluation and detection of RSD/CRPS the physicians approach
- Round table approach with the physician and therapists
- Therapist approach to evaluating and understanding RSD/CRPS
- Guest speakers including Dr. Kirkpatrick
- Excellent course to assist the patient, therapist and physician manage this complex diagnosis
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.