Stiff Joints: Tips, Tricks and Trivia
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL OT 20-209957 2.5hrs
FL OT 20-209957 2.5hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H78 2.5hrs
This excellent basic movie course is designed to enhance the STIFFNESS: EXPLANATIONS & SOLUTIONS course. Focus is on clinical gems, tips, tricks, and trivia relating to clinical intervention of stiff joints.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
8University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*3.0 NBCOT® PDUs
*Excellent movie course to learn about clinical tips, tricks & trivia. This course compliments the course Stiffness: Suggestions and Solutions.
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This excellent basic movie course is designed to enhance the STIFFNESS: EXPLANATIONS & SOLUTIONS course. Focus is on clinical gems, tips, tricks, and trivia relating to clinical intervention of stiff joints of the hand and elbow. Photos, demonstrations and movie clips are displayed to provide visual tips along with verbal explanations. Splints, techniques, and more presented to assist you with mobilizing stiff joints. Functional activity and occupation approach are included.
Course manual is 18 pages. Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Distinguish between hard end range joint motion and soft end range joint motion
- Identify occupational activities that are impaired with stiff hand and elbow
- Recognize the importance of decreasing joint stiffness to improve purposeful activities and incorporate into occupational tasks
- Recognize patients with proprioception impairment
- Determine appropriate exercises to improve proprioception
- Recognize the importance of incorporating the opposite extremity or whole body into exercises to improve functional activity and occupation
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.