Stiffness: Suggestions and Solutions
|CONTACT HOURS:||3.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-171462 3.5hrs
FL 20-171462 3.5hrs
CA 40-H38 3.5hrs
This is a dynamic – interactive movie course designed to give you suggestions and solutions to treating the stiff hand. Intermediate to advanced movie course.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*4.25 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This is a dynamic – interactive movie course designed to give you suggestions and solutions to treating the stiff hand. Intermediate to advanced movie course. Basic knowledge in wounds, intrinsics, edema, joint mobilization and splinting would be beneficial when viewing this course. The instructor discusses basic joint kinesiology, anatomy, and pathology. Demonstrates tests, exercises, and clinical findings. Instructional methods: Powerpoint, lecture, demos, manual (31 pages), discussion forum, computerized exam.
Mixed level learning course Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Review basic joint movement and pathology of a joint
- Describe edema and how it affects stiffness
- Review how to assess various treatment techniques for treating edema related to stiffness
- Review splinting concepts for dynamic, static progressive and static mobilization
- View various splints to increase PROM of a stiff joint
- Review casting techniques for reversing splinting (serial casting and mobilizing casting)
- View exercise programs to increase ROM
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.35 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.