Stroke: Pathophysiology – New Advances in Treatment
|CONTACT HOURS:||1 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 20-448983 1hrs
FL CE Broker 20-448983 1hrs
Excellent .1 AOTA APP or 1.0 contact hour beginner to intermediate course presented by David Baras, MD Board Cerrtified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Fantastic over-view of the advances in Stroke response, rehabilitation, and general thinking. Certificate will be rewarded upon successful completion 80% on the exam. Comes with a 50 page manual available on PDF
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
Excellent .1 AOTA APP or 1.0 contact hour beginner to intermediate course presented by David Baras, MD Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Fantastic over-view of the advances in Stroke response, rehabilitation, and general thinking. Introductory level movie course. Certificate will be rewarded upon successful completion 80% on the exam. Comes with a 50 page manual available on PDF. Great overview of stroke risk factors and how to reduce risk. Introduction to neuroplasticity. General overview of Constrained-Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT).
Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Recognize common definitions associated with stroke
- Identify risk factors associated with having a stroke
- Identify neuroplasticity and how we can use this in increasing function
- Differentiate aspects of neuroplasticity and how the brain works to improve function
- Recognize key elements in Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy to assist with improving function
- Adjunctive DVDs available for an additional fee. Call 727-215-7614 for details
- Definition and introduction including risk factors
- Types of strokes and incidences
- Neuroplasticity and research
- Neuroplasticity and rehabilitation to include CIMT, imagery, trans-cranial magnetic stimulation
Dr. David Baras is a Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist – otherwise know as a Physiatrist. He has practiced in Pinellas County for the past 21 years. He has a private practice and is also the clinical Preceptor for the University of S. FL. school of Medicine. He trains first and second year medical students the art of physical diagnosis.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.