All About the Thumb CMCJ Osteoarthritis
FL 20-394872 hrs
AL 20-394872 hrs
CA 40-H3 2.5hrs
This interactive, dynamic web-based course is designed to teach conservative and surgical management techniques for the painful first CMCJ. Learn and view LRTI surgery, various custom CMCJ orthosis fabrication, evaluation and various treatment options.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*3.00 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
This interactive, dynamic web-based course is designed to teach conservative and surgical management techniques for the painful first CMCJ. Learn and view LRTI surgery, various custom CMCJ orthosis fabrication, evaluation and various treatment options. Instruction methods include: PowerPoint, lecture, exercise demonstration, orthotic fabrication, surgical video and lecture. This course is an intermediate level for learning. Upon Successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Review evaluation techniques for first CMCJ
- Describe conservative therapeutic management for first CMCJ pain
- View fabrication of various orthotic designs for the first CMCJ splint
- Identify exercise regime for first CMCJ pain
- Review modalities used to manage first CMCJ
- Observe LRTI surgery on video
- Determine post operative care after thumb CMCJ surgery
- Adjunctive DVDs available for an additional fee. Call 727-215-7614 for details
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.25 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.