Exercise : Alternative Medicine
|CONTACT HOURS:||1.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
Exercise: Alternative Medicine is a wonderfully presented course designed for therapist at any level to help understand the mental, physical, and social benefits of exercise. Exercise is considered a “vital sign” by the AMA and some states. This is a course that is critical to effectively treat our clients.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
“Exercise: Alternative Medicine” is a must have for every clinician.
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
Exercise: Alternative Medicine is a wonderfully presented CEU interactive course designed for therapists at any level to help understand the mental, physical, and social benefits of exercise (mixed level learning). Exercise is considered a “vital sign” by the AMA and some states. This is a course that is critical to effectively treat our clients. Exercise has been known to improve or assist in functional independence in neurological disorders, dementia, Alzheimer’s, obesity, and many more pathologies. This course will help you understand the importance of exercise and how it can be beneficial in your life and the lives of your clients.
Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and videos to enhance understanding. Online exam required to redeem CEU/Contact hours/PDUs with an 80% passing score. No manual.
- Recognize the psycho-social benefits of exercise
- Identify physiologically the health benefits of exercise
- Distinguish between vigorous and moderate exercise according to the HHS standards
- Identify diseases exercise has found to improve both mentally and physically
Dr. David Baras is a Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist – otherwise know as a Physiatrist. He has practiced in Pinellas County for the past 21 years. He has a private practice and is also the clinical Preceptor for the University of S. FL. school of Medicine. He trains first and second year medical students the art of physical diagnosis.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.