Arthroplasty of the Upper Extremity Bring on the New Joints
|CONTACT HOURS:||5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-171170 5hrs
FL 20-171170 5hrs
CA 40-H34 5hrs
This interactive course is in movie format. The course instructor will present a comprehensive program for management of arthroplasties of the upper extremity. This course reviews arthroplasties of the MCP, PIP, DIP, CMCJ, wrist, elbow and shoulder.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*6.25 NBCOT® PDUs
Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive course is in movie format. This course is excellent for occupational and physical therapists, therapy assistants, and physicians. This course is an intermediate learning level. The course instructors present a comprehensive program for management of upper extremity arthroplasties. This course reviews arthroplasties of the MCP, PIP, DIP, CMCJ, wrist, elbow and shoulder.
Learn tips tricks, and techniques you can use immediately in your clinical practice. Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, surgical videos to enhance understanding and splint fabrication. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email. Mixed level course.
- Introduce MCP implant types
- Review surgical intervention and view a surgical video
- Review current literature in regards to therapy for MCP implants
- Identify MCP arthroplasty goals
- Review a variety of therapeutic programs to treat MCP arthoplasties
- View a videos of splint fabrication
- Review MCP complications
- View surgical intervention video for PIPJ arthroplasty
- Review PIP arthroplasty therapy programs
- Introduce DIPJ arthroplasty and intervention
- Identify stages of CMCJ OA
- Understand conservative treatments used for CMCJ OA
- Review surgical interventions and 2 videos for CMCJ OA
- Review therapy intervention for CMCJ arthroplasty cases
- Introduction to wrist arthroplasty techniques and clinical treatment
- Review indications for total elbow arthroplasty
- Introduction to surgical and therapeutic intervention for the elbow
- Become familiar with constrained and unconstrained prosthetic types
- Identify when a hemi-arthoplasty vs total shoulder is indicated
- Review a general therapy regime for the total shoulder
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.5 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.