Basics and Beyond ® Anatomy of the Upper Extremity
|CONTACT HOURS:||3.0 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 506350 3hrs
FL CE Broker 506350 3hrs
CEU: .3 – CE Broker AL & FL LIVE 506350
ContactHours: 3 – CA 40-H50 Advanced Hand
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series. The series consists of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills.
Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
NBCOT® PDU 3.75
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This Basics and Beyond course is an Exploring Hand Therapy (EHT) online E-book which is part of a series consisting of 20 chapters. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles. For discounts Click Here!
BB Anatomy focuses on understanding the practical aspects of the body and how it functions. A complex therapeutic matter in the orthopedic realm starts with an anatomical foundation. This course will provide a fantastic overview of the UE. Specific details are covered in more depth in each individual course subject matter. This course is great to gain your foundation. Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, with 3 video clips, 79 photos, 31 Brain Game quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board. 80% to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 31 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content, 79 photos and 3 videos to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” with an EHT moderator during the course and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Identify pertinent anatomical structures from the shoulder to finger
- Delineate pertinent landmarks such as hand creases, arches, wrist articulations & bones, and elbow/shoulder significant landmarks
- Recognize shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand bony anatomy
- Identify certain pathologies associated with anatomical landmarks such as rotator cuff, tendonitis, bursitis, ligament involvement
- Recognize the 31 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes for improved clinical knowledge
- Functional anatomy of the hand
- Joints throughout the hand
- Joint capsules of the MCP and PIPJ
- Extensor hood/dorsal mechanism
- Ligaments of the thumb CMC
- Thumb extensor mechanism
- Vascular supply of the hand & Peripheral nerves of the hand
- Wrist: overview and important terms
- Bony landmarks and joints and ligament throughout the wrist
- Distal radius and ulna bony anatomic features
- Wrist ROM
- Vascular supply of the wrist
- Elbow and forearm bony and ligamentous anatomical landmarks
- Elbow muscles and ROM
- Elbow axis of rotation and carrying angle
- Neurovascular structures near the elbow
- Shoulder bony landmarks and surface anatomy
- Shoulder movement and muscles
- Stabilizing structures of the shoulder (static and dynamic)
- Neurovascular anatomy of the shoulder
- Posterior triangle
- References and Exam
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.3 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.