Basics and Beyond ® Dupuytren’s Disease
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.25 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL Advanced Hand 20-521420 2.25hrs
FL Advanced Hand 20-521420 2.25hrs
CA Advanced Hand 40-H52 2.25hrs
For Bundle discounts Click Here! B&B Dupuytren’s focuses on understanding the practical aspects of the disease and interventions A complex therapeutic matter in the orthopedic realm
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series. The series consists of 20 courses. This is one of the courses: Dupuytren Disease. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills for DD. Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
B&B Dupuytren’s Disease focuses on understanding Dupuytrens disease process, interventions and rehabilitation. This course is great to gain your foundation and beyond for clinical assessments and CHT preparation.
Mixed level: Intermediate. Online digital book, with multiple photos,18 Brain Game quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board. 80% or higher to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of 20 questions or more. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 18 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content and numerous photos to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” with an EHT moderator during the course and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Recognize clinical signs of Dupuytren’s Disease (DD)
- Identify complications associated d with various interventions
- Differentiate between the various “surgical” interventions
- Determine best treatment intervention for post/op DD
- Recognize hand therapy intervention pre and post DD
- DD Presentation
- DD Factors
- Non-operative Interventions
- Surgical Interventions
- Fasciectomy, Needle, & Collagenase
- Post-Op Rehabilitation
- Wound care
- Edema Management
- Orthotic Intervention
- Post PIPJ contracture correction
- ROM, Strengthening, and Modalities
- Functional Assessment
- Additional Resources
After graduating from Philadelphia University she was an adjuct faculity member for 8 years, and had the pleasure of educating incoming Occupational Therapy students on Anatomy concepts and Rehabilitative Concepts used in the clinic. Kelly Lee O’Connor’s Vision is to treat musculoskeletal injuries/conditions promptly and effectively by establishing a professional and personal rapport with her clients in order to return them to full their fullest functional ability. She enjoys educating and treating clients with Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) and Dupuytren’s Disease postoperatively. Her goal is for her clients to fully understand their rehabilitative process, including a clear description of their condition and how therapy will benefit them.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.