Basics and Beyond ® OA/RA
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is part of the Basics and Beyond series. The series consists of 20 chapters. This is one chapter titled the CRPS. It is exceptional for CHT exam preparation as well as to sharpen your clinical skills. Available as a single course or in bundles Click Here!
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
BB The OA/RA focuses on understanding OA/RA causes, interventions and therapy. This course is great to gain your foundation and beyond. Mixed level: Intermediate to advanced. Online digital book, with 5 video clips, .40 photos, 25 Brain Game quizzes throughout the course to solidify your knowledge. ONLINE LIVE CHAT and discussion board. 80% to redeem your certificate via an online exam consisting of <20 questions. Certificate will be immediately emailed to you upon successful completion.
This course has 25 Brain Game “pop-up” quizzes throughout the course content and >40 photos, and 5 video snippets to enhance your learning. This course has “live chat” with an EHT moderator during the course and it has a discussion room for course participant interaction.
- Recognize a healthy joint anatomy vs an unhealthy joint
- Differentiate OA and RA pathologies
- Recognize OA Basal Joint disease clinical symptoms
- Recognize Synovial fluid in RA
- Identify surgical and pharmacological treatments for RA
- Determine appropriate conservative intervention for OA and RA
- Introduction to OA
- Treatment of OA — consisting of exercises and orthotics
- Pathology of the first CMCJ
- Clinical Examination of the first CMCJ
- Treatment of the first CMCJ
- Orthotics/education; exercise/pain management
- Stages of OA
- Surgical Intervention of OA
- Postoperative Therapy of OA
- Summary of OA
- Introduction to RA
- Characteristics of RA
- RA Trivia
- RA Misc. Information and OT/PT with RA Video snippet
- Wrist pathology
- Collapse Pattern and Complications in RA
- Conservative Treatment for RA
- Surgical Options for RA
- Post -surgical Care:
- MPJ arthroplasty
- PIPJ Interventions
Dianna earned her post-professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy in 2012 from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions and a Master of Education degree with a focus on adult and higher education from Grand Valley State University in 2009. Her B.S. degree with a major in occupational therapy was earned from Eastern Michigan University in 1991.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.3 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.