Arthritis OA: Updates and Innovations
|CONTACT HOURS:||8 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL Alabama CE Broker 20-594536 8hrs
FL Florida CE Broker 20-594536 8hrs
CA 40-H83 8hrs
This interactive online learning style enhances the therapist’s comprehension of the course content. If you have taken:Arthritis Unloaded: OsteoArthritis – this is an updated version of that class. This course is interactive with discussion of various treatment options such as modalities and orthotics to adaptive equipment and taping. The course discusses conservative and surgical treatment options for OA and includes protocols in the appendix.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
CA 40-H83 Advanced Hand 8 Hours
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*10 NBCOT® PDUs
Domain of OT- client factors and performance skills and OT Process – Intervention
This interactive online learning style enhances the therapist’s comprehension of the course content. If you have taken Arthritis Unloaded: OsteoArthritis – this is an updated version of that class. This course is interactive with discussion of various treatment options such as modalities and orthotics to adaptive equipment and taping. The course discusses conservative and surgical treatment options for OA and includes protocols in the appendix. George LaCour OTR, CHT presents in an easy to follow style making the this course interesting, interactive and clinically relevant.
Mixed learning level: Text, video clips, photos , and online exam. Must pass (80%) online exam to redeem your AOTA APP certificate. Instructional Method: Online Interactive Book- 130 pages.
- Identify the anatomy of the joint and the correlation of the parts of a joint to the pathology of OA
- Distinguish the stages of OA and the clinical presentation with each stage
- Recognize evaluation techniques specific to OA
- Review conservative treatment interventions available for OA in the upper extremity including, modalities, taping, therapeutic exercises, joint protection, topical agents, and orthotics.
- Identify surgical interventions associated with OA in the upper extremity and expected outcomes following.
- Visualize an overview of orthoses used in the treatment of OA
- Anatomy of the Joints
- Joint Kinematics
- Defining Osteoarthritis
- Medical Management of OA
- Conservative Treatment of OA
- Joint-Specific Focus on OA
- Appendix A: Protocols
- Appendix B: Orthotic Patterns
- Appendix C: Lagniappe
George LaCour, OTR, CHT graduated with a B.S. degree in Occupational Therapy from Louisiana State University Medical Center in 1997. In 2003, he received his Certification in Hand Therapy. George worked for 9 years at a state-funded charity hospital where he developed a love for hand therapy and trauma rehabilitation. During this time he also served as Director of Rehabilitation. Currently, George works in a busy orthopaedic and sports medicine clinic where his focus is on treatment of upper extremity orthopaedic injuries with emphasis on work-related injury and sports medicine. Aside from his busy schedule, George still finds time to teach continuing education as well as serve as guest lecturer for LSUHSC School of Occupational Therapy. His career will always be dedicated to patient care, education,
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.8 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.