Fracture management: Segment 2 – Elbow/Forearm/Distal Radius
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE Broker 441514 4.5hrs
FL CE Broker 441514 4.5hrs
CA 40-H47 4.5hrs
Fracture management Elbow/forearm/Distal Radius is the 2nd Segment (4.5 contact hours/.045 CEUs) is part of a 10 hour course. Covers elbow, forearm and distal radius fractures and everything in between! Due to popular demand this course is offered in 3 segments for targeted learning and cost management. An online exam (80% to pass) is required to redeem your certificate. Manual is provided in PDF.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
CEU: .45 FL/AL CE Broker 441514;
ContactHours: 4.5 CA 4.5 hours 40-H47
This course is segment 2 (4.5 hours) of the original 10 hour course Fractures of the UE: Achieving Favorable Functional Outcome. NBCOT® 5.5 PDUs. You can purchase in Segments 1, 2, 3 or as 1 course in its entirety.
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
Fracture management Elbow/Forearm/Distal Radius is the 2nd Segment (4.5 contact hours/.045 CEUs) of the Full length course Fractures of the UE: Achieving Favorable Functional Outcomes (10 credit hours/1.0 CEUs). This course is presented in streaming format. Covers elbow, forearm and distal radius fractures and everything in between! Due to popular demand this course is offered in 3 segments for targeted learning and cost management. Some references might be made to other segments that are not included in a particular segment however this will NOT have any effect on your learning the intended content of this course. OrthoEvidence identifies evidence of the highest quality and summarizes the most pertinent information in our collection of over 2,000 Advanced Clinical Evidence (ACE) reports. An online exam (80% to pass) is required to redeem your certificate. Manual is provided in PDF. This is a mixed learning with more emphasis on intermediate learning level. Learning tools provided are PowerPoint, didactic, demonstration, manual, exam and discussion forum.
- Identify anatomical landmarks for the elbow forearm and distal radius
- Recognize the TFCC structure and significance
- Differentiate between creep and stress relaxation in regards to orthotics and treating fractures
- Identify DRUJ fracture complications
- Identify salvage procedures and expectations
- Recognize key kinematic elements of the distal radius
- Recognize motor imagery/mirror therapy as a treatment option for fractures and associated complications
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.45 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.