Fractures Management: Segment 1 – Shoulder Care
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL CE broker 2.5hrs
FL CE broker 2.5hrs
Fracture management Shoulder Care is the 1st Segment (2.5 contact hours/.025 CEUs) is part of a 10 hour course. Covers fracture healing, conservative, and surgical options for treating fractures of the shoulder. Due to popular demand this course is offered in 3 segments for targeted learning and cost management. An online exam (80% to pass) is required to redeem your certificate. Manual is provided in PDF.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This course is segment 1 (2.5 hours) of the original 10 hour course Fractures of the UE: Achieving Favorable Functional Outcome. You can purchase in Segments 1, 2, 3 or as 1 course in its entirety
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
Fracture management Shoulder Care 1st Segment (2.5 contact hours/.025 CEUs) of the Full length course Fractures of the UE: Achieving Favorable Functional Outcomes (10 credit hours/1.0 CEUs). This course is presented in streaming format. Covers fracture healing, conservative, and surgical options for treating fractures of the shoulder. Due to popular demand this course is offered in 3 segments for targeted learning and cost management.
OrthoEvidence identifies evidence of the highest quality and summarizes the most pertinent information in our collection of over 2,000 Advanced Clinical Evidence (ACE) reports. Some references might be made to other segments that are not included in a particular segment however this will NOT have any effect on your learning the intended content of this course. An online exam (80% to pass) is required to redeem your certificate. Manual is provided in PDF. This is a mixed learning with more emphasis on intermediate learning level. Learning tools provided are PowerPoint, didactic, demonstration, manual, exam and discussion forum.
- Distinguish between direct and indirect fracture healing
- Identify various shoulder fractures and/or dislocations and treatment options
- Recognize fracture terminology
- Determine appropriate treatment options for fractures of the UE
- Identify anatomical landmarks for shoulder
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.