Hand Therapy Boot Camp
|CONTACT HOURS:||10 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL 20-326574 10hrs
FL 20-326574 10hrs
This 10 contact hour course is in movie format. This fantastic interactive movie course is excellent for occupational and physical therapists, COTA’s and PTA’s. This course is a mixed learning level geared towards basic to intermediate learning level. Hand Therapy Boot Camp is an excellent course if you want to begin an exciting career in hand therapy or if you need a refresher.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*12.5 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your i-devices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This 10 contact hour course is in movie format. This fantastic interactive movie course is excellent for occupational and physical therapists, COTA’s and PTA’s. This course is a mixed learning level geared towards basic to intermediate learning level. Hand Therapy Boot Camp is an excellent course if you want to begin an exciting career in hand therapy or if you need a refresher.Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Drop and Give Me UE Anatomy
- The Obstacle Course: Stages of Tissue Healing
- Learning the Art of War: Assessment Tools
- Identifying the Enemy: Assessment
- Locked and Loaded: Treatment Strategies Used in the Field
- Basic Survival Skills: Physical Agent Modalities
- Passing the Physical Test of Therapeutic Exercise
- Wound Management
- Lean and Mean: Edema Management
- Keeping the Pressure On: Scar Management
- Protective Armor: Splinting the UE
- Hand to Hand Combat: Manual Therapy Techniques
- Support the Unit: Taping Techniques
George LaCour, OTR, CHT graduated with a B.S. degree in Occupational Therapy from Louisiana State University Medical Center in 1997. In 2003, he received his Certification in Hand Therapy. George worked for 9 years at a state-funded charity hospital where he developed a love for hand therapy and trauma rehabilitation. During this time he also served as Director of Rehabilitation. Currently, George works in a busy orthopaedic and sports medicine clinic where his focus is on treatment of upper extremity orthopaedic injuries with emphasis on work-related injury and sports medicine. Aside from his busy schedule, George still finds time to teach continuing education as well as serve as guest lecturer for LSUHSC School of Occupational Therapy. His career will always be dedicated to patient care, education,
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.