LASER: The Healing Power of Light
|CONTACT HOURS:||4.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
FL 20-171355 4.5hrs
CA 40-P2 5.4hrs
This interactive course is in movie format . This course is excellent for the clinician who wants to effectively learn how to apply Low Level Laser treatment (LLLT) in the clinic to promote healing. Learning level is intermediate to advanced. The instructor takes you from history to application of LLLT. Good Introduction to using the LASER modality.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*5.5 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive course is in movie format . This course is excellent for the clinician who wants to effectively learn how to apply Low Level Laser treatment (LLLT) in the clinic to promote healing. Learning level is intermediate to advanced. The instructor takes you from history to application of LLLT. Note: This course provides conceptual preparation to seek additional training, and does not provide you a mentored hands-on skills session. Please seek additional experience, with a mentor, to perform hands-on skills.Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Review the history of laser
- Be introduced to the difference in light and how it applies to therapy
- Review the class system for LASER (categories for safety)
- Review biostimulation and how it applies to cells
- Become familiar with LASER properties including, nanometers, miliwats, Joules modulated, continuous and more
- Be instructed how LASER works on a therapeutic level
- Become familiar with how to apply LASER to injuries to promote healing
- Review LED
- Review the difference between LED and LASER and indications for both
- Introduction to the basic physics and how it applies to LASER
- Review calculating treatment parameters
- Review precautions and contraindications
- Become familiar with some research relating to LASER and know where to find research
- Review how to choose a LASER and what to look for when choosing a LASER
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.