Wrist Secrets Part 2
Domain of OT, OTP,
CA 40-H32 4hrs
AL 20-171813 4.8hrs
FL 20-171813 4.8hrs
This section of this interactive movie course will bring you up close and personal with the wrist examination. You will see a detailed clinical examination up close and have the ability to watch rewind and replay. In this palpation lab you will learn how to find the carpal bones with ease and the structures surrounding them.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*5.0 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process,
This section of this interactive movie course will bring you up close and personal with the wrist examination. You will see a detailed clinical examination up close and have the ability to watch rewind and replay. In this palpation lab you will learn how to find the carpal bones with ease and the structures surrounding them. After the detailed examination you will learn all about wrist fracture, stiff hand treatment, TFCC care, carpal bone fractures, dislocations and instabilities. Learn skills you can use in your clinics immediately. After you view this section you will feel confident in your exam skills and have a broader knowledge of the mysteries of the wrist.
Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Review palpation of bony landmarks and carpal bones
- Review Dorsal Radial Zone Assessment
- Review Central Dorsal Zone Assessment
- Review Ulnar Dorsal Zone Assessment
- Review Radial Volar Zone Assessment
- Review Ulnar Volar Zone Assessment
- Describe various treatment options post distal radius fracture (DRF)
- Explain an array of rehabilitation techniques after DRF
- Introduction to the treatment of the stiff wrist
- Review DRF malunion intervention
- Describe the TFCC anatomy and treatment for conservative and surgical management
- Review carpal bone fracture management and treatment interventions
- Introduce terms VISI/DISI/CID/CIND/Greater arc/Lesser arc and more
- Review wrist instability patterns and surgical and therapeutic treatment techniques
Susan Weiss, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from University of Florida in 1990 and her certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. She is co-founder of Exploring Hand Therapy, Co. and co-authored “Hand Rehabilitation: A Quick Reference Guide and Review” third edition. She has co-authored multiple articles presented at various hand therapy meetings and has instructed at Hillsborough Community College’s OT Assistant Program. Ms. Weiss is an international educator and has won “best scientific paper” at several ASHT meetings as well as national awards at the annual ASHT meetings.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.4 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.