Ergonomics: Tips, Tricks & Trivia
|CONTACT HOURS:||3.5 Hours|
AL 20-239361 3.5hrs
FL 20-239361 3.5hrs
This dynamic movie CEU course will provide the participant with clinical tips, tricks and trivia relating to ergonomics. This course focuses on office ergonomics, general lifting techniques,and patient lifting ergonomics. In addition this course features two additional learning movie inserts focusing on health care workers lifting alternatives, solutions, general industry ergonomics, and establishing a successful program (these two additional movies are older but still valuable).
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*4.0 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
This dynamic movie CEU course will provide the participant with clinical tips, tricks and trivia relating to ergonomics. This course focuses on office ergonomics, general lifting techniques, and patient lifting ergonomics. In addition, this course features two additional learning movie inserts focusing on health care workers lifting alternatives, solutions, general industry ergonomics, and establishing a successful program. (these two additional movies are older but still valuable).
This course is excellent to assist with establishing a thorough ergonomic evaluation for the office. The 51 page manual is in a free downloadable format and has an office ergonomic evaluation for your quick reference. Demonstration of flexibility and ROM stretches are presented in an easy to follow-along routine with photos in manual. Functional exercises and general lifting demonstration techniques are reviewed, which can be incorporated into ADLs.
Basic to intermediate learning level. Free downloadable manual includes PowerPoint slides, flexibility exercises, office ergonomic evaluations & extra learning tidbits. Reviewing the manual is mandatory for course completion. Upon Successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Identify potential hazards in the work place
- Determine solutions in the work place to teach compensatory strategies with technology
- Identify 5 components of ergonomics in the office
- Differentiate between a proactive and a reactive ergonomic program
- Recognize alternative solutions to lifting heavy loads including lifting patients/clients
- Determine appropriate computer flexibility exercises for the office worker
- Identify proper lifting techniques
- Recognize environment conditions in order to apply ergonomic principles
- Potential work place hazards and solutions in office, nursing homes and industry
- Loaded with tips, tricks and trivia for the office worker
- Full office ergonomic evaluation included in manual
- Photos of flexibility exercises included in manual
- Two (2) additional learning movies focusing on:
- Health care worker in the nursing home and lifting ergonomics (this additional movies are older but still valuable)
- General ergonomics in the work place and programs that work (this additional movies are older but still valuable)
- Mandatory reading 51 page free downloadable manual with DOL office check off (potential hazard) list
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
1 review for Ergonomics: Tips, Tricks & Trivia
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.35 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.
good refresher course. very informative