Cupping Basics and Beyond
|CONTACT HOURS:||6 Hours|
AL BOARD hrs
FL NBCOT hrs
LIMITED TIME: Comes with 6 FREE Cups ($49.99 dollar Value) The biomechanical and occupation based approach to care is used when applying the cupping technique. Therapists create a balance and facilitate overall function for their patients. Add this to cart at check-out for free – CUPPING Premium SET of 6 units (Amazing) – Products
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
Cupping is a super easy modality to practice, but to practice it with expert skill, and to fully understand the indications, cautions, and contraindications of cupping therapy (any powerful modality will have risks involved) it is highly advisable to take a well researched and respected training. Like any modality, there are many levels of skill that can be achieved, and many approaches to practice.
- Review history of cupping
- Identify precautions/contraindications for cupping
- Determine appropriate cupping treatment intervention based on target tissue and desired effect
- Observe basic cupping treatment techniques and patterns based on clinical reasoning
- Review research articles and the effects of cupping intervention
- Visualize detailed cupping sessions and then do breakout sessions and practice cupping technique via video-based learning
6 FREE Cups at check-out – Limited Time Opportunity ($49 dollar value – these only ship free to USA.) If you are out of USA please know we will connect with you about shipping promotion.
- History and Research
- Indications & Application
- Clinical Reasoning & Documentation
- Video Demonstration & Breakout practice modules
- Putting It All Together
- Case studies and in-depth demonstrations, including safety precautions throughout
- Watch and learn how to cup for scars
- How to cup with nerve and tendon gliding
- How to cup to treat myofascial pain
- How to cup for trigger point and fascial restrictions
Level 1 Cert. CCS (Certified Cupping Specialist) after successful completion of the online exam
Dr. Wagner is an occupational therapist and certified hand therapist who has worked in upper-extremity orthopedic clinical settings for more than 26 years. He received his post-professional clinical doctorate from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions with a specialty in hand therapy. Dr. Wagner is currently team leader of Guthrie Hand Center at Guthrie Clinc in Sayre, PA. In addition, he is credentialed in physical agent modalities and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. Dr. Wagner is also an adjunct professor in the Occupational Therapy Program at Keuka and Ithaca colleges. He is a member of the American Society of Hand Therapists and has been published in the practice forum section of the Journal of Hand Therapy. Jim is also an educator who travels the country teaching IASTM, Kinesiology Taping, Cupping and Blood Flow Restriction Training. Dr. Wagner has integrated his passion for all these techniques into his daily clinical practice and personal training. On a personal note, Jim has been involved in powerlifting/weightlifting/bodybuilding for 28 years and has competed in over 25 events.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.