Intrinsics: Unravel the Mystery
|CONTACT HOURS:||2.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
FL 20-171210 3hrs
CA 40-H29 2.5hrs
This interactive course is in movie format and is designed to teach the clinician to effectively identify, and treat the intrinsics problems . It is a mixed level learning appropriate for all levels.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
*University & multi-center Licensure available upon request; all courses single user only
*3.0 NBCOT® PDUs
*Watch on your idevices, smart phones, tablets and MORE
Domain of OT, Occupational Therapy Process
This interactive course is in movie format and is designed to teach the clinician to effectively identify, and treat the intrinsic problems. It is a mixed level learning appropriate for all levels. A thorough anatomy session is completed to ensure the understanding of the biomechanics and kinematics of these complex structures. Splinting, stretching, exercises, treatment activities, and modalities are presented in great detail.
Mixed level learning course – Instructional Methods include PowerPoint presentation, lecture, and video to enhance understanding. Upon successful completion of the examination (80%) your certificate will be sent via email.
- Identify the anatomy of the intrinsics
- Review how to isolate the interossei and lumbricals
- Explain how to identify structures of the extensor expansion
- Review how to test the interossei and lumbricals
- Visualize the unique lumbricals and how they contribute to hand pathologies
- Review the appropriate clinical activities, exercise, and stretches to effectively treat intrinsic tightness
- Become familiar with basic pathology of the swan neck and boutionnier deformities
- Identify modalities to treat intrinsic tightness
- Be introduced to myofascial techniques to treat intrinsic tightness
- Be introduced to instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Adjunctive DVDs available for some courses for an additional fee. Call 727-560-5552 for details
Nancy Falkenstein, OTR/L, CHT received her degree in Occupational Therapy from Medical University of South Carolina in 1990 and her Certification in Hand Therapy in 1996. Prio to receiving her degree she served in the US Navy as a Religious Program Specialist. . Nancy is an international speaker on hand and upper extremity pathologies.
8 reviews for Intrinsics: Unravel the Mystery
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.25 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.
Really loved this. It’s such an interesting topic. I plan on going back and watching it again.
Mary Newell OTR/L,CHT –
The course althought short was very up to date and comprehensive
Cory Vatnsdal OTR/L –
The course was wonderful. I re-learned so much that I forgot over the years and a therapist sometimes needs to step back and break down the hand like this, much more than in daily practice. I revisited my roots in Occupational Therapy. Thank you.