Kinesiology Tape: Myths and Myth-busters
|CONTACT HOURS:||1.5 Hours|
Domain of OT, OTP,
AL BOARD 1.5hrs
FL AOTA #3397 1.5hrs
GA BOARD 1.5hrs
AZ BOARD 1.5hrs
This revealing course will debunk the myths behind kinesiology taping. With over 600 published studies on kinesiology taping its no wonder practitioners are confused.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
This revealing course will debunk the myths behind kinesiology taping. With over 600 published studies on kinesiology taping its no wonder practitioners are confused. Dr. Phil clears up misconceptions and discusses the “mechanisms” behind kinesiology taping being fabricated to substantiate the need to provide specific materials or training for certification. Understanding the mechanics and indications for musculoskeletal pain. The lecture is followed by a Q and A session that has been pre-recorded that furthers your understanding of the myths debunked.
- Determine how kinesiology taping works
- Review the effects of kinesiology taping
- Identify what convolution are and determine the effect on the skin
- Review the placebo effect and how it works in therapy
- Review contraindications or precautions for kinesiology taping
- Review taping literature
- Identify how our care can be facilitated for better or worse by the placebo affect
- Tip: If the intervention does not reduce the pain by 50% then it might not be an effective treatment
- Review effects of acute vs chronic pain and the effects on pain
- Understand how kinesiology tape is a simple cost effective tool to toss in your toolbox
- Listen to a talk on the placebo affect that will open your mind to opportunities to better care for your patients
- This course is sponsored by Peformance Health Academy
Phil is a licensed physical therapist, athletic trainer, and certified strength & conditioning specialist. He graduated from LSU in physical therapy and received his master’s degree in exercise physiology from Mississippi State University, as well as a doctorate in Kinesiology from LSU. He has been involved in rehabilitation and sports medicine for over 25 years. Dr. Page was recently named a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine. He is currently the Global Director of Clinical Education and Research for Performance Health, manufacturer of TheraBand, Biofreeze & Cramer products. His duties include maintaining the thera-band academy website, directing the international educational programs and managing product research around the world. Dr. Page is also an instructor in the Athletic Training curriculum at Louisiana State University and a Clinical Instructor of Orthopedics for Tulane Medical School in New Orleans.
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.
Treatment2go is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD approval ID #3397. This distance learning-independent activity is offered at 0.15 CEU’s, intermediate, foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEU Does not imply endorsement of specific Course content, products, or clinical Procedures by AOTA.
There are no reviews yet.