|CONTACT HOURS:||3 Hours|
OTP, Professional Issues,
AL BOARD 3hrs
FL AOTA #3397 3hrs
Telehealth: Demystified is a basic course designed for Physical and Occupational Therapists to learn more about the emerging niche of telehealth as a service delivery model.
All courses single user only. Click Here for multi-user or licensure discounts info.
Telehealth: Demystified is a basic course designed for Physical and Occupational Therapists to learn more about the emerging niche of telehealth as a service delivery model. Therapists will obtain insight to the benefits of this unique field and review how to incorporate virtual therapy into an existing practice or get started in a new career as a telehealth therapist. Current research and how it can be applied to practice will enable therapists to gain confidence adapting skill sets to the virtual world. Personal reflection will be utilized to apply concepts to real world situations. It is time to forage through the woods and incorporate telehealth into your practice. Navigating the “wild west” is a snap after this course.
- Recognize the types of treatments which are considered telehealth.
- Review the official position of AOTA or APTA regarding telehealth, as well as current outcomes measures.
- Observe basic therapeutic activities for use in the telehealth model.
- Identify which clients would be ideal for telehealth, and what contraindications might exist.
- Review the steps you will need to implement to begin your successful telehealth practice.
- History and definition of telehealth
- Current research and areas of practice
- Current legislation
- Benefits and challenges
- Making the switch to telehealth
- Adapting activities to telehealth model
- Example of OT/PT sessions
- Telehealth evaluations
- Case studies
- Round up
- Bonus – template superbill
- Bonus – telehealth checklist
- Bonus – telehealth intro letter
- Bonus – pediatric websites to use for telehealth
Tracey has been teaching continuing education courses and guest lecturing for the past 3 years and often presents at conferences on the topics of Telehealth and dyslexia. Academic Degrees: BA, Psychology, Concordia University Wisconsin Master of Occupational Therapy, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Participants have one year to access the CEU course and exam to obtain CEUs.
- Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.